Mažeikiai tourism and business information center implemented the project according to the local development strategy measure of the North-West Lithuanian local activity group "Training of local project applicants and executors, acquisition of skills (when the training is related to VPS measures)" (LEADER-19.2-SAVA-3) No. MAŽE-LEADER-1C-M-28-1-2020/42VS-PV-20-1-09664-PR001 "Training cycle for those preparing to write and implement projects". The main goal of the project was to familiarize people working in rural areas with the intricacies of project writing, delivery, and administration, and at the same time, to encourage active submission of applications for partial financing from various local and European Union structural funds. To encourage more active use of the opportunities provided by the Internet, to introduce relevant marketing tools, accounting and public procurement innovations. The participants of the project were managers and employees of legal entities, NGOs registered in the territory of the Northwest LAG or in the municipality of Mažeikiai and operating in the Northwest territory, municipal administration institutions or companies providing public services, and other budgetary institutions operating in the territory of the Northwest Lithuania LAG. The project aims to develop the ability of local residents to assess the current situation, simultaneously solve local problems, initiate changes in rural development, activate their economic activities, thus aiming to improve the quality of life through the implementation of the local development strategy, thereby implementing the main mission of the local development strategy - to promote economic and social development in the LAG territory, supporting business creation and development, increasing employment, reducing unemployment, and social exclusion.
The training is financed by the National Paying Agency according to the Local Development Strategy measure of the local activity group of North-West Lithuania "Training of applicants and executors of local projects, acquisition of skills". The total value of the project is EUR 9,705.00 support, from which the funds of the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development amount to EUR 8,249.25, i.e. 85% of the amount of support, and the funds of the Lithuanian state budget amount to EUR 1,455.75, i.e. 15 % of the aid amount and an aid intensity of 100.00% is applied.
1. How to turn a good idea into a project? The participants were given practical advice on possible funding sources, how to delve into the general requirements specified in the funding calls, how to logically justify the project, what the physical indicators are and what the budget categories and other requirements might be.
2. The importance of the team in project activities. The participants understood the essence of project management, components, course; learned how to properly form an executive team; can plan the course of the project using logic, monitor, control and evaluate the course of the project; practically tested the progress of execution of simple projects.
3. I received funding for the project. What's next? During the practical training, participants learned what problems can be encountered during project implementation: legal regulation, public procurement, force majeure situations and their impact on project results, how to choose the right insurance company and properly insure the equipment, and other relevant issues that arise for the project administrator.
4. Accounting and taxation of support, subsidies, grants. The training was aimed at company managers and accountants, during which it was explained how complex the regulation is and how likely companies will face problems with proper accounting and taxation of support, subsidies and grants. Learned how not to make critical mistakes in accounting and taxation.
5. Marketing with little money. Participants were introduced to low- or no-cost marketing tools, including social media and other tools.
6. What is SEO and why is it so important. The participants of the training got a closer look at SEO and gained basic knowledge and practical skills of website optimization, such as making the institution's website, events or services appear first in Google, how to help potential customers find the company on the Internet, etc.
All trainings were conducted by experienced lecturers. The training took place at the Mažeikiai tourism and business information center, Ventos st. 8A, Mazeikiai. Thank you for your active participation and we hope that the knowledge gained will encourage you to write projects more boldly and implement them more successfully.